Senior Software Engineer
We usually respond within three days
We are building the financial operations HUB of the future. Our collective success requires an exacting blend of, technological prowess, deep industry knowledge, customer centricity and a singularly motivated team.
Reporting to a Delivery Lead, the Senior Engineer is considered an individual contributor responsible for delivering product requirements and features end to end.
The Senior Engineer ensures software is written to highest quality in line with HUBs internal standards and reference architecture guidelines. The Senior Engineer takes responsibility for a single products code base and helps it evolve in line with the guidelines defined by Architects and the features required by the Product Owner.
- Ensuring the highest quality of source code, limiting technical debt where possible
- Maintaining a high level of User Story hygiene including estimation and status updates
- Ensuring product requirements are understood and delivered in accordance with your own estimates
- Keeping up to date with the latest technology trends and releases
- Delivering in scenarios where you may not agree with every design decision
- Understanding the pros and cons of complex architecture patterns and translating these into technical implementations
- Mentoring Associate Engineers
- Being curious – never be afraid to ask questions
- Delivery of product features in line with a product roadmap
- Delivery of source code that meets HUBs internal standards and quality rules
- Contribute to an engineering community across all product teams at HUB
- Consistently meet or exceed expectations when evaluated against HUBs core values and technical standards
- Own your personal development
- 5+ years writing core Java in any environment (Large Enterprise, SME or Start-up)
- Experience working with distributed systems and event driven architectures
- Expert with Spring Boot, RESTful APIs and gRPC
- Expert with persistence patterns using JPA, Hibernate and SQL databases
- Extensive experience using modern Java including Streams, Lambda Expressions and Functional Programming
- Experience building, maintaining, and monitoring Microservices
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines with one of: Jenkins, GitLab CI, GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Familiarity with at least one major public cloud provider (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment where iterative development and regular demos are the norm
- A natural problem solver
Nice to have:
- Familiar with the concepts of Domain Driven Design (DDD) – Bounded Contexts, Aggregates, Entities, Value Objects, Domain Events, Services, Repositories
- Container orchestration with Managed Kubernetes (AKS, EKS, GKE)
- Experience building software that integrates with any of the major cloud providers (Preferably Azure)
- Familiarity with event driven technologies (Kafka, Event Buses etc…)
- Experience with stream processing technologies (Spark, Flink etc...)
- Financial Services domain experience
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
To all potential Hubsters, we are a team of dedicated experts in HUB offices across the world, united in the common pursuit of building the Financial Operations HUB of the future.
Be “ALL IN”. We are disciplined, commercially minded and
committed to the business and our team. We find a way that
leads to success for HUB and our customers.
Enjoy the journey
We are positive, we embrace the challenge and have fun
along the way. We celebrate the wins; we are respectful to
everyone while building trusting and rewarding relationships.
Obstacles do not hold us back or slow us down. Our ambitions
never stop — they enable us to think big while we stay focused
to deliver big.
We are building a market defining operating model. The path
to delivery in not set. To deliver we adapt, we debate, we align
and we move forward together.
Senior Software Engineer
Loading application form