We usually respond within three days
We are building the financial operations HUB of the future. Our collective success requires an exacting blend of, technological prowess, deep industry knowledge, customer centricity and a singularly motivated product, engineering & commercial team.
Working within the Product organisation of HUB, the Product Owner performs a critical role in translating business opportunities arising from clients, product managers, regulatory alignment and internal innovation into a backlog of requirements for HUB’s development teams, and drives forward the delivery of solutions.
The Product Owner is expert in agile practices to ensure continuous, efficient and high quality delivery, and can inspire and motivate a diverse team of individuals with varying skillsets. Collaborating at all times with other Product Owners, Product Leads and Product Managers to ensure that solutions fit with wider HUB principles of being data driven, with reusability paramount and consistency essential.
You will be a motivated, transparent, logical but practical individual who can take on board diverse opinions and desires from stakeholders and find common ground to enable progress to be made.
- Collaborates with Product Managers and others to derive Epics for a Scrum team, to prioritise the backlog to derive Product Increments within a Product Roadmap
- Translates Epics into User Stories with agreed acceptance criteria
- Continuously refines the product backlog, adding new Epics/Features/User Stories, prioritising and facilitating meetings with stakeholders and the scrum team to refine User Stories for upcoming sprints
- Conducts Sprint Planning to bring stories into a sprint based on priority, capacity and team skillsets
- Ensures the product built is fit for purpose by overseeing all stages of product creation including design and development
- Attends sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Provides transparency into product delivery to senior management, clients and the wider organisation
- Delivery of a product backlog that satisfies internal and external demands and delivers high quality business solutions to clients
- Delivery of product features in line with the product roadmap
- Contribute to, and drive engagement with, agile practises in collaboration with HUB’s Solution Delivery Leads
- Consistently meet or exceed expectations when evaluated against HUBs core values
- Own your personal development
- 5+ years of Product Development experience, and a deep understanding of software development
- Problem solver, highly logical and highly technical
- A rare ability to identify signal from noise, focusing on the most impactful decisions
- Ability to inspire a team with your ideas, knowledge, and self-starting attitude
- Interest in productivity tools and techniques, helping teams work better together
Must be highly proficient in:
- Agile software development and Scrum
- Agile software development tooling for product backlog management, sprint planning etc (e.g. ADO, JIRA)
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Product Management tools for strategic road-mapping, ideation and prioritisation (e.g. Airfocus, Aha, Productboard, Dragonboat)
- Good understanding of technical concepts like continuous integration, delivery and deployment, code quality assessment, containerisation, cloud architectures, microservices
- Experience debating technical design with technical architects to ensure optimal design for extensible product build
What you will be working on:
HUB’s Data Platform will establish a market leading financial analytics product, to be used by the business directly, providing immediate access to analytical results that most asset managers require data analytics teams or technology teams to build. The speed at which this will allow them to run their business will be a major differentiator.
To be successful in this role it is important for the Product Owner to:
- Build their awareness of analytics tools used across financial services to understand the market landscape and how data problems are being tackled today
- Understand the data needs of Asset Managers and their clients and the datasets they rely on
- Be capable of fostering a collaborative approach across our organisation to data requirements (both functional and non functional), data modelling and technical design
- Have a strategic mindset to deliver functionality that can be iterated and re-used to solve future problems rapidly
To all potential Hubsters, we are a team of dedicated experts in HUB offices across the world, united in the common pursuit of building the Financial Operations HUB of the future.
Be “ALL IN”. We are disciplined, commercially minded and
committed to the business and our team. We find a way that
leads to success for HUB and our customers.
Enjoy the journey
We are positive, we embrace the challenge and have fun
along the way. We celebrate the wins; we are respectful to
everyone while building trusting and rewarding relationships.
Obstacles do not hold us back or slow us down. Our ambitions
never stop — they enable us to think big while we stay focused
to deliver big.
We are building a market defining operating model. The path
to delivery in not set. To deliver we adapt, we debate, we align
and we move forward together.
Loading application form