Cloud Network Architect
We usually respond within three days
We are building the financial operations HUB of the future. Our collective success requires an exacting blend of, technological prowess, deep industry knowledge, customer centricity and a singularly motivated team.
HUB is a cloud-first organization. There are no on-premises legacy systems or hybrid setups and we want you to help us deliver on the advantages this brings. Initially, you will be working with a core infrastructure team. Your focus will be on delivering features for our Azure platform and making sure the platform is secure, available, resilient, and cost-optimized. As the platform evolves, you will engage with product teams to help create the infrastructure for their workloads.
You will be responsible for research, design, advising, architecting, and creating tools that automate, monitor, and scale infrastructure. Make systems more elastic, responsive, and automatically balanced.
In addition, you will support development of technical requirements for network infrastructure. This includes design and deployment of secure communication to/from customers and third-party integrations.
- Embody the HUB Foundation teams principle of ‘Everybody codes, everything as code’
- Have a deep understanding of HUB Reference Architecture and its constituent technologies
- Target a best-in-class developer experience when adopting new technologies, while understanding maturity is a gradual process
- Provide technical subject matter expertise on infrastructure engineering with an emphasis on modern, cloud infrastructure, hybrid cloud models, and platform services
- Understand the pros and cons of complex architecture patterns and translating these into technical implementations
- Approach every implementation with an InfoSec mindset to guarantee HUB’s infrastructure is secure and compliant
- Produce technical solutions by understanding the pros and cons of complex architecture patterns and translating these into technical implementations
- Ensure the highest quality of source code by limiting technical debt where possible
- Stay up to date with technology trends and developments in Azure and the wider Cloud Engineering space
- Develop the wider team by mentoring other engineers
- Embrace an Agile environment with iterative development and regular demos
You must have:
- 5+ years of experience with at least one major public cloud provider (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Deep understanding of all layers of the OSI Networking Model along with attack vectors and patterns and approaches to securing at each layer
- Experience building and managing enterprise Scale DNS
- Extensive knowledge of developing production grade Cloud infrastructure including Logging, Least Privilege Access, and Monitoring
- Previous experience working in a Cloud Engineer, SRE and/or DevOps role
- Solid understanding of securing Cloud Native technologies
- Deep knowledge & experience of implementing CI/CD pipelines with one of: Jenkins, GitLab CI, GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Strong experience working with Kubernetes (AKS, EKS, GKE, OpenShift, self-hosted) including Service Discovery, Secret and Config Management, Deployment Patterns and Upgrades and in particular Kubernetes networking.
- Experience working with infrastructure provisioning tools (Terraform, Bicep, Azure ARM, AWS CloudFormation)
- Experience writing technical documentation (tutorials, HOW-TOs) and running knowledge transfer sessions for other engineers
Nice to have:
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles – observability, return to health models, deployment strategies
- Exposure to Bicep or ARM templates especially CARML modules
- Experience with integrating zero trust providers with private networks
- Experience creating 3rd party integrations over VPN technologies
- Beneficial to have prior experience with Kafka and in particular Confluent Cloud
- Experience with Serverless Architectures (Functions as a Service, API Gateways, Document Databases)
- Experience with Kubernetes-driven cloud infrastructure provisioning (Crossplane, Kubevela, etc.)
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
To all potential Hubsters, we are a team of dedicated experts in HUB offices across the world, united in the common pursuit of building the Financial Operations HUB of the future.
Be “ALL IN”. We are disciplined, commercially minded and
committed to the business and our team. We find a way that
leads to success for HUB and our customers.
Enjoy the journey
We are positive, we embrace the challenge and have fun
along the way. We celebrate the wins; we are respectful to
everyone while building trusting and rewarding relationships.
Obstacles do not hold us back or slow us down. Our ambitions
never stop — they enable us to think big while we stay focused
to deliver big.
We are building a market defining operating model. The path
to delivery in not set. To deliver we adapt, we debate, we align
and we move forward together.
Cloud Network Architect
Loading application form