We are building the financial operations HUB of the future. Our collective success requires an exacting blend of, technological prowess, deep industry knowledge, customer centricity and a singularly motivated team.
As a Platform Engineer within HUB, you will be responsible for building HUB Internal Developer Platform (IDP), an internal engineering-lead product that facilitates technology adoption and unlocks HUB engineers’ productivity. HUB IDP is at the heart of HUB Developer Experience and is designed to offer a paved way that unlocks fast-paced delivery within safe rail guards.
You will work closely with the HUB Cloud Engineering group to reify the HUB Reference Architecture, from a developer experience perspective. You will design and implement APIs that facilitate provisioning, usage, and observability over a variety of cloud resources and technologies.
You will be in close contact with HUB Application Development teams to understand their needs and challenges. You will represent their voice throughout the process of designing and implement HUB IDP to guarantee that it is fit for purpose and satisfies its target customers
Remember, this is a greenfield project - the only legacy that exists will be the one you create!
- Have a deep understanding of HUB Reference Architecture and its constituent technologies
- Target a best-in-class developer experience when adopting new technologies, while understanding maturity is a gradual process
- Design and implement APIs that facilitate provisioning, usage and observability for all infrastructure resources underpinning HUB systems
- Approach every implementation with an InfoSec mindset to guarantee our paved way is also secure and compliant
- Produce technical solutions by understanding the pros and cons of complex architecture patterns and translating these into technical implementations
- Ensure the highest quality of source code by limiting technical debt where possible
- Stay up to date with technology trends and developments in the Platform Engineering space
- Develop the wider team by mentoring other engineers
You must have:
- 5+ years of experience with at least one major public cloud provider (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- 3+ years of experience with Kubernetes (AKS, EKS, GKE, OpenShift, self-hosted)
- Previous experience working in a Platform Engineer, SRE and/or DevOps role
- Solid understanding of developer workflows for Cloud Native technologies (i.e., inner dev loop)
- Experience rolling and supporting Observability/Monitoring tooling (Splunk, Datadog, New Relic, etc) for applications and systems in production environments
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines with one of: Jenkins, GitLab CI, GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Experience working with infrastructure provisioning tools (Terraform, Bicep, Azure ARM, AWS CloudFormation)
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles – observability, return to health models, deployment strategies
- Experience writing technical documentation (tutorials, HOW-TOs) and running knowledge transfer sessions for other engineers
Nice to have:
- Experience implementing and supporting GitOps tooling (Flux, ArgoCD, etc.)
- Experience implementing and supporting Service Meshes (Istio, Linkerd2, Kong Mesh, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes-driven cloud infrastructure provisioning (Crossplane, Kubevela, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes-native application packaging (Helm, Kustomize, etc.)
- Familiarity with a multitude of microservice architecture patterns (Sidecar, Ambassador, Anti-corruption layer, Gateway Routing, BFF etc…)
- Experience with application catalogues (Backstage, Humanitec) and other platform engineering tooling