A Bit About HUB…
HUB is aiming to transform the world of asset management. We are building a data-driven, cloud-native platform that will become the operating system for asset managers, allowing them to plug and play their various operating models and keep the integrity of their data front-to-back.
As a Head of Non-Functional testing & tooling in HUB, you will be responsible for building and delivering our QA Non-Functional testing services & Identify, maintain and review industry tool and techniques.
The successful candidate will be required to create a strategic vision, while maturing and directing quality assurance policies, programs, and initiatives.
The individual must have a proven track record of building and fostering a quality centric mindset within the organization while building competencies within product build teams.
The Head of Non-Functional testing & tooling will also take responsibility for ensuring all development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking.
Remember, this is a greenfield project - the only legacy that exists will be the one you create!
Our Tech Team
Tech is what we do, and we love it. When you join the Tech Team at HUB, you are joining a global community of people who are sharp, curious, and eager to learn. We work in multiple groups and offices around the globe and are connected by our relentless desire to succeed.
The problem we’re solving is complex – but that’s what makes it interesting.
We’re using cutting-edge technology and modern design principles to deliver a completely new experience for the financial services industry. We are always keen to listen to new ideas and ways of getting stuff done! Yes, we disagree, but we’re respectful of everyone’s perspective when we do.
Our Tech team has been growing rapidly since Hub’s inception and we are always looking for people like you to help in this transformation.
In this role, you will be …
- Define and document the Non-Functional test approach and methodology
- Identify, maintain and review industry tool and techniques
- Recruit and build their Non-Functional Testing capability
- Service line governance and stakeholder management
- Reviewing and approving non-functional testing that has been carried out
- Working closely with colleagues of the Customer to agree detailed testing requirements and plans.
- Setting standards and direction for third party suppliers that provide non-functional testing services.
- Making sure that systems are responsive under all situations and remain secure.
- Establishing highly accessible and available systems through testing.
- Setting strategy across all areas of non-functional testing
You must have:
- You will have lots of hands-on non-functional testing experience.
- It’s important you have knowledgeable on various testing areas such as performance, load and volume, compatibility, accessibility, security & penetration and operational acceptance testing.
- You need to be familiar with non-functional testing tools.
- In order to exceed in this role, you will have experience of leading third party vendors to deliver testing services.
- Experience in a SAAS / Cloud .
- Experience of managing and coaching an IT team.
- Experience across all phases of the software testing lifecycle and demonstrable experience of multiple software lifecycle methodologies
- Ability to define, implement and champion effective defect management using appropriate tools as necessary
- Experience in coordinating with On-shore, Off-shore and multi-vendor teams.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation and stakeholder management skills up to programme level
- Responsible for Leading and directing the QA leadership team.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise within Test Automation and Quality Assurance.
- Be accountable for the test automation projects, mentor, and provide leadership to the QA automation developers and managers.
- Participate in interviews, induction, training and performance evaluation of all QA leads.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise within the field of Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Ensuring that the development teams adhere to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the QA strategy as defined.
- Focus on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing tools, test techniques, test automation.
- Building and maintenance of quality standards as well as enforcing technical and testing standards.
- Monitoring of all the QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve the processes.
- Gather and present testing metrics and testing activities for the projects to key stakeholders.
- Ensure the proper usage of available tools to gain the maximum benefit of the QA effort. This includes testing tools for functional, performance, automation, etc.
- Manage training and continuous learning of QA staff by means of short courses, conferences, meetups, certifications, etc.
- Be an escalation point for all matters related to testing and quality assurance and operate as a primary point of contact for the QA teams.
- Direct the development of the QA strategy, methodology, discipline and framework. Driving and improving the QA team in areas of automated testing and agile testing.
- Provide technical expertise in Test Automation, Testing Methodologies, Testing Processes, Tools and Techniques across the teams.
- Work with QA managers, Development managers and the Software Development Director to develop and execute QA strategies to meet and exceed department and corporate quality goals.
It is an added advantage if you also have:
- Experience with big data & real time analytics particularly with distributed datasets and large volumes in a Data Warehouse
- Experience with container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes as well as docker
- Familiarity with Web 3.0 concepts, Distributed ledger technologies, etc.
Financial services domain experience e.g., post trade, reference data, client reporting, etc.